- 01-Apr-2014 to 31-May-2014 (CST)
- Philadelphia, PA, USA
- Full Time
Excellent benefits (complete health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, and generous Paid Time Off benefits
Job Title: Program Manager – Philadelphia (PHL)
Exemption Status: Exempt
Reports to: Executive Director, Philadelphia
Location: Philadelphia, PA
College Possible is a growing nonprofit dedicated to coaching low-income students to and through college, breaking the cycle of poverty and empowering our workforce. Our rigorously-tested model earns top-of-field results that have helped 98 percent of students served earn admission to college and supported nearly 80 percent through graduation. A 2011 Harvard study found that the program more than doubles a student's chance of enrolling in a four-year college.
College Possible has a budget of over $8 million, 60 full-time, regular employees, and more than 120 AmeriCorps and VISTAs service members. During the 2013-2014 school years, we will serve 15,000 students in 43 partner high schools and nearly 150 college campuses.
Headquartered in Saint Paul, Minnesota, College Possible currently serves students in Minneapolis-Saint Paul; Milwaukee, Wisconsin; Portland, Oregon; Omaha, Nebraska: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and college campuses nationwide. Over the next ten years, College Possible will expand to serve over 20,000 students annually in ten metropolitan areas across the country.
To learn more, please visit www.CollegePossible.org.
I. Job Summary
The Program Manager will work with the Executive Director to help ensure the quality of the College Possible program, and will provide input and support in overall program management and organizational leadership. This position is based in our Philadelphia site office but will also work with the centralized national support teams.
II. Specific Responsibilities
Ensure Program Quality :
Oversee the implementation of the College Possible curriculum and ensure that the Philadelphia program is operating with fidelity to the national College Possible model. In addition, the Program Manager helps to instill the organization's values throughout the team's work.
Build a strong partnership with school officials including principals and other key decision makers by demonstrating an understanding of the school's priorities. Help ensure the delivery of high quality programming to students, including maintaining and enhancing relationships with partner high schools, colleges and community volunteers.
Supervise, train and support program staff and AmeriCorps members:
Manage the day-to-day activities of the program team in Philadelphia. Help build and maintain relationships with partner high schools and colleges. Provide overall leadership for the program team regarding support and accountability for our AmeriCorps*VISTA members, including running weekly team trainings. Work with the national program team to ensure all AmeriCorps and VISTAs program requirements are being followed.
Evaluate, Track and Report on Progress:
Work with the Executive Director and National program team in the tracking, evaluation and reporting of College Possible programmatic progress on a day-to-day basis. Help collect and analyze data that demonstrates results, and use that information for program management. Collect and summarize data needed for AmeriCorps, donor, and board reporting.
Recruit Program Participants and Staff:
Provide overall leadership in engaging organizational resources to recruit and select students and staff for the coming program year. Work with the national team on a joint effort to advertise, recruit, and select AmeriCorps and AmeriCorps*VISTA members for upcoming year. Once the Corps makeup has been determined, coordinate all member contact over the summer to ensure that members are ready for the coming year. Lead the team in identifying and selecting new schools and students to participate in the program for the coming year.
Other duties as assigned
III. Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in related field with at least three years related work experience demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility;
- Significant commitment to the mission of helping low-income students earn admission to college and persist toward degree completion;
- Ability to focus clearly on outcomes and communicate about their importance to others;
- Flexible and adaptable to change;
- Strong management abilities with demonstrated experience working within a matrixed organization, managing programs and developing systems to measure programmatic results;
- High energy with the proven ability to engage, inspire and motivate others;
- Established record of work with diverse populations;
- Ability to recruit, select and train qualified individuals;
- Proven record of facilitating collaboration and cooperation with organizations and the community;
- Well-developed computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Office and experience in database management;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- Vision and demonstrated ability to develop, promote and deliver positive results;
- Willingness to travel and work some evenings and weekends.
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits (complete health, dental, life, short-term and long-term insurance, 401(k) retirement plan and generous paid time off program).
Please apply at http://collegepossiblelt.applicantpro.com/jobs/ include a resume, cover letter including salary requirements, and a list of three professional references.
To learn more about College Possible visit www.CollegePossible.org